Tuesday, October 10, 2006

청계천에 간 적이 있다

It was another free afternoon like today. I decided to walk down Cheong Gye Cheon. I took the subway to Jongnak Station and found my way to Cheong Gye Plaza. That is the starting point of Cheong Gye Cheon. The stream will run for more than 5km through the city before terminating into Hangang.
Cheong Gye Cheon is a stream with a difference. It is beautifully landscaped. No two stretch of the stream shares the same scenery. Music is played through the speakers fitted at intervals. People are free to interact with the various water features constructed at different points of the stream.
I ended my afternoon stroll at "O Gan Su Mun" (five outlets watergate) near Dongdaemum. For that afternoon, I covered about 3km of the stream, perspired a lot and took many pictures. Cannot imagine myself walking down Singapore River under the full rage of tropical heat though.

6 comments:

  1. You capture the soulful side of Cheong Gye Cheon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love the stream. It's so peaceful and yet interactive for the Seoulites.

    Wish we have something like that here too. The closest I could think of is the longkang (drain) in Sembawang where my parents go to catch crabs and fish, lor... Far from the stream that's in question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture with the young people walking on the stones is lovely. It does bring back fond memories of younger days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Yesmaru, 고마워.

    To Aini, I used to catch fish and crab in "longkang" too

    To Anony, you should see the stream for yourself if you go Korea. It is a stream with a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed as I had been there. If I have time the next round, I will sit by the side and put my legs inside the stream.

    ReplyDelete